If you ask me what makes Mi one of the top smartphone manufacture companies in the world, then I would say there are several things which makes them leader in the industry. But one thing that I like most is providing useful tools for modifying, upgrading/downgrading rom, unlocking bootloader, etc are quite useful. One such tool is Xiaomi Mi unlock tool. This tool is quite useful for unlocking bootloader in almost all the Xiaomi devices.
You need to unlock bootloader if you want to install any custom rom on your Xiaomi phone or root your device. If you want to unlock bootloader on your own xiaomi device, then first Download Mi Unlock tool latest version from the links given in this article.
Earlier company used to offer unlocked and pre-rooted phones, but some malicious activities by the users and retailers forced company to restrict the root access. Now, it xiaomi device comes with bootloader locked. To perform any customization on the device, now users need to unlock the bootloader using Xiaomi Mi unlock tool. It is the safest and only official method to unlock bootloader and keep the problems away.
In our guide, we will guide you through how to unlock bootloader in Xiaomi devices using Mi unlock tool. We are also providing the latest version of the Xiaomi unlock tool so you won’t have problem to problem even a latest Xiaomi device. Before we go further in this process, I hope you want to know how the locked bootloader helps?
How Unlocked Bootloader Helps?
Xiaomi smartphone were known for being flexible to customization. Since the fake devices market hit their business hard, the Chinese company started to lock the bootloader in their devices. It increase the device security and helps the company and users to stay safe from the malpractices done by the retailers. They can install some malware to control your device.
It becomes hard to track the unlocked devices. A bootloader locked Xiaomi device hold more security than a unlocked one. It increases the overall security of the device. It helps to trace the device if lost somehow.
Along with that, you must also know the unlocking benefits:
- It gives a passage to root your smartphone.
- Unlocked phone gain the power to install custom recovery or custom roms.
- Flashing device is possible without losing data.
- Users can remove pre-loaded app and bloatware easily.
- You can take complete backup of your android device.
- Ability to install custom frameworks like Susbstratum, Xposed, and others.
Download Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool
Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool latest version can be downloaded from the link below.
|Name||Mi Unlock Tool v3.5.1128.45|
|OS SUpport||Windows 7/8/10|
How to Unlock Bootloader using Mi Unlock tool
You need to follow the steps given below to unlock your Xiaomi device. To perform the all the steps flawlessly, you need to manage few softwares and follow some guidelines. We also call it preparation.
- You must have an Mi device in working condition with mi account signed in.
- Install the Necessary USB drivers if already not installed.
- Your device should be running on the latest Official MIUI ROM.
- The device must be charges 70% plus.
- You may need to download something so have a working internet connection.
- Follow the steps carefully.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader:
- First of all, Enable developer option in your mobile from Settings>About phone>MIUI.
- Now Enable debugging options in your phone.
- Now bind your Mi account under Mi unlock status by following this path – Settings>Additional Settings >Developer Options.
- Now this time to login to your Mi account from Settings > Mi account > Mi Cloud > Enable Sync and Find Device (In case other devices are also synced with the same account, then we recommend disable the sync on temporarily basis).
- Download and Extract the Mi unlock tool from the link given above.
- Now run MiFlashUnlock.exe file from extracted folder and agree on disclaimer notification.
- Enter the login details of the same Mi account you logged-in on your Mi device.
- Now boot the xiaomi device into Fastboot/bootloader mode by pressing and holding volume button + power button until the boot icon appears on the device screen.
- Once the device boot into the fastboot mode, connect it with PC via USB cable.
- The tool will show that Mi device is successfully connected.
- After the successful connection, click on Unlock Button.
- Sometimes, it might take 48-72 hours to Xiaomi to grant you unlock permission when it is at 90%, otherwise it will complete to 100% success and device gets “unlocked successfully”.
- Once the device gets the unlocking permission, turn off your device and Press and hold volume – button and power button at the same time to boot device into bootloader mode.
- Login on the Tool with the same mi account you are logged-in on the device and connect device with pc using USB cable.
- Press Unlock button and wait until the process completes in the tool.
- Once the process completes, your device gets unlocked successfully.
Thus, you can easily download & install Mi unlock tool. Also you learnt how to use it on your device. IF you feel any problem following the article, do let us know via your comment. You can read here about more tools.