It’s happened to the best of us. You’re sitting down to watch your favorite show when all of a sudden, your Vizio TV won’t turn on. Don’t worry, though – in this article, we’ll walk you through a few simple steps on how to reset your Vizio TV.
How to Reset a Vizio TV in Three Ways
If your Vizio TV is acting up and you want to reset it, there are three ways you can do so. You can perform a hard reset, which will restore the TV to its factory settings; a soft reset, which will reset the TV’s settings without affecting any of your saved data; or a power cycle, which will simply turn the TV off and then back on again. Here’s how to perform each of these resets.
- Unplug the TV from its power source.
- Press and hold the TV’s power button for 30 seconds.
- Plug the TV back in and press the power button to turn it on.
- Press the menu button on your remote control.
- Navigate to the Settings menu and select Reset & Admin.
- Select Soft Power Cycle and confirm your selection.
- The TV will restart automatically.
- Press the power button on your remote control to turn off the TV.
- Unplug the TV from its power source and wait for 30 seconds before plugging it back in again.
Why You Would Need to Reset Your Vizio TV
There are a few reasons why you might need to reset your Vizio TV. Maybe you’re having trouble with the picture or sound, or maybe you just want to start fresh with a new settings. Whatever the reason, it’s easy to do and only takes a few minutes.
First, you’ll need to find the reset button on your TV. It’s usually located on the back or side of the TV. Once you’ve found it, press and hold the button for about five seconds. This will reset the TV to its factory settings.
If you’re still having issues after resetting your TV, you may need to contact Vizio customer support for further assistance.
How to Prepare Your Vizio TV for a Factory Reset
If you’re looking to sell your Vizio TV or give it away, you’ll need to factory reset it first. This will erase all data from the TV, including any saved settings, apps, and recordings. Here’s how to do it:
- Press the Menu button on your Vizio remote.
- Navigate to the System settings menu and select Reset & Admin.
- Select Reset TV to Factory Defaults and confirm your selection.
- Enter your PIN if prompted and select OK.
Your Vizio TV will now restart and be reset to factory defaults.
What to Expect After You’ve Completed a Factory Reset on Your Vizio TV?
If you’ve recently completed a factory reset on your Vizio TV, you may be wondering what to expect next. Here’s a quick rundown of what you can expect after completing a factory reset on your Vizio TV.
First, all of your settings will be reverted back to the defaults. This includes your picture settings, sound settings, and any other customizations you may have made. You’ll need to go through and adjust all of your settings again to get things just the way you want them.
Second, any apps that you had installed on your TV will be removed. This means you’ll need to re-install any apps that you want to use on your TV. Be sure to have your login information handy for any apps that require it.
Finally, any files or data that you had stored on your TV will be erased. This includes any saved games, movies, or TV shows. If you want to keep any of this data, be sure to back it up before performing a factory reset.
After completing a factory reset on your Vizio TV, take some time to adjust all of your settings and re-install any apps that you want to use. And don’t forget to back up