If you are planning to install MIUI Fastboot ROM on your Xiaomi/Redmi device, then you will need an feature-rich tool to perform it for you. You can download download Mi Flash Tool for Windows 10, 8, and 7 in this post. The tool will get you most amazing features for your Xiaomi device.
Xiaomi has been one of the top smartphone sellers in the world in just few years. Their USP is offering feature-rich devices at the affordable prices. Its MIUI stands in the best custom Android OS list. Xiaomi provides the download links of Stock Firmware for all its devices. You can download the latest MIUI ROM Package and install on your device. Xiaomi devices supports two types of ROMs. –
- Recovery ROM
- Fastboot ROM
If you install Fastboot ROM on device, it will flash all the partitions with the new ones, and devices comes into the factory state. The user needs a flashing tool for this purpose, which is provided by the manufacturer itself. In our case, you can download mi flash tool latest setup. Once you download it, install it on your PC. Don’t worry about the download links, we will provide in the same post. Along with it, You will also get step by step guide on – How to install fastboot ROM on Xiaomi/Redmi devices using MI Flash Tool.
I would like to share a brief introduction about Xiaomi MI Flash Tool.
What is Xiaomi MI Flash Tool?
If you are aware about the mobile flashing, most probably you would know about the Mi Flash Tool (XiaoMiFlash). The tool runs on the Windows platform.
If anybody wishes to flash Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi device, this tool will work for you. In fastboot ROM flashing, you need a PC, Flash Tool, and some other applications to be installed on Windows PC.
Once your setup a Fastboot connection between your android device and PC, the tool allows you to erase/modify/flash the firmware. It can also be used to bring back device on the stock firmware, manually updating device software and fixing issues like bootloop, hang, wifi error, etc.
The tool is specifically built to flash fastboot rom on Qualcomm-powered Xiaomi and Redmi devices. You will be getting xiaomi flash tool download link inside the article. Just before downloading the tool, you need to keep in mind few important points. Let me share them with you-
- Install a fresh copy of the tool, if any previous installation is there, remove that.
- Tool supports Windows 7 and above OS with 32-bit and 64-bit architecture. It will not support Windows XP or below version.
- It supports only Qualcomm devices, not built for supporting MTK (MediaTek) devices.
- Devices built before Xiaomi Mi 3 are not supported.
- User need to unlock bootloader in Xiaomi device before installing the Fastboot ROM.
Features of Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool :-
Let’s get to know about some important features of the tool –
Easy-to-install: Tool’s setup is available to install in Windows installer format (.msi), which is damn easy to install just following the simple instructions.
Inbuilt USB Drivers: Xiaomi Flash tool comes with required USB drivers which play important role in establishing a connection between device and PC.
Multi Device Support: Mi Flash tool supports almost all Xiaomi and Redmi devices with Qualcomm chipset.
Multi Flashing Option: by default, users get three different flashing modes, which are – Clean All, Save User data, Clean all and lock.
Clean All: Wipes all the data from your device, but bootloader stays in locked state.
Save user data: As the name indicates, it will not format the user data. Also, bootloader remains unlocked.
Clean All and Lock: It will clean all the device data and relock the bootloader.
Connect Multiple Devices: Tool supports almost all the devices from earliest built to newest ones.
Download Mi Flash Tool for Windows
We are sharing Mi Flash Tool Free Download Latest Version v2018.5.28.0 along with the all old versions of the tool.
- Mi Flash Tool v2018.5.28.0 (Portable; no need to install, simply extract and use)
- Mi Flash Tool v7.4.25
- Mi Flash Tool v6.12.22
- Mi Flash Tool v6.8.30
- Mi Flash Tool v6.4.1
- Mi Flash Tool v5.10.28
- Mi Flash Tool v5.7.31
- Mi Flash Tool v5.6.1
- Mi Flash Tool v4.5.9
Once you Download Mi Flash Tool on your pc, go to the next step of learning – How to install and Use this tool to flash Fastboot rom Xiaomi/Redmi devices.
How to Install Mi Flash Tool on Windows?
First of all Download the MI Flash Tool ZIP File or .msi installer on your pc (if downloaded zip file, then extract it on pc).
- To being the installation, double click on MiFlashSetup.msi.
- When prompted Windows warning, Click on Yes.
- Click on Next on XiaoMiFlash installer window.
- Installer automatically select the installation folder. If you wish to change, then simply click on Browse option, and choose folder location.
- Click on Next again.
- We require to confirm the installation, just do it by clicking on the Next button.
- Just after it, installer will begin the installing files of MI Flash Tool on your Windows PC.
- Once the installation process is done, click on Close button to exit the installer.
- Now you can easily install MI flash tool on your pc. Next we see how to use this tool to install Fastboot rom on Redmi/xiaomi devices.
How to Install Fastboot ROM using Mi Flash Tool?
- Download Latest MIUI Fastboot ROM on your PC.
- Extract the downloaded file (.tgz)) using any software like Winzip, 7zip etc. on any easy accessible location in your pc.
- Swith off the device.
- Press and hold Volume down & power button simultaneously to enter phone into Fastboot mode.
- You should see the bunny icon when phone successfully switch to fastboot mode.
- Now connect phone with pc using USB cable.
- Now run XiaoMiFlash.exe from the tool installation location.
- When the device established a successful connection with the PC, the tool window will show the Device details. If it’s not the case, kindly click on the refresh button to confirm device is being detected successfully.
- Next, click on Select button and choose the folder where Fastboot ROM was extracted.
- Select the flashing mode as per your choice – Clean All, save user data, or Clean all and lock.
- Last, click on the Flash button to install Fastboot ROM using MiFlash tool.
On the successful installation of the ROM, tool will show the “success” message on the screen and device will boot automatically. Now you may close the tool window.
So this is how you can download Mi Flash tool for Windows. The gives the power to restore stock MIUI Firmware, downgrade/upgrade device software, and fix software related issues. Still something stuck in your mind related to this article, please comment down below your query.